The Covid-19 global pandemic has laid bare the gross inequalities across the globe in health and income distribution, in addition to highlighting links between climate change, global degradation of the natural world, and the outbreak of new viral illnesses including H1N1 (Swine Flu), H1N5 (Avian Flu), SARS, MERS, Ebola, and Covid-19.
1. How have climate change and environmental degradation contributed to the current global pandemic? Is it too late to reverse the damage?
2. How might the global pandemic alter the way we operate our current food chain and food supplies across the globe?
3. How do we balance the seemingly competing yet equally compelling forces of protecting lives and saving global economies from complete obliteration?
4. What did we learn from the WHO’s warning in 2005 of a global pandemic and Bill Gates’ elaboration on this in 2015? What lessons can humanity now learn about the future?
5. Will the post-pandemic world really be different? Will we ever be able to eliminate poverty, unequal distribution of wealth, and unequal access to healthcare?